- Graduates in Medicine and General Surgery by the University of Navarra in 1991.
- Obtains his PhD in Medicine, specializing in Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery by the University of Navarra in 1996.
- Completes two sub specialization programmes in Clinical practice during his two-year Fellowship at Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Ohio, USA) in Sports Trauma and Foot and Ankle surgery. US News & World Report have ranked the CCF as number 4 in their list of best hospitals.
- Further training at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, USA), Kleinert Hand Institute (Louisville, USA), Jackson Memorial Hospital (Miami, USA), The Cleveland Clinic (Ohio, USA), John Radcliffe Hospital and Mufgfield Orthopedic Center (Oxford, England), Addenbrooke’s Hospital (Cambridge, England) Wellington Hospital (London, England) and Southern California Orthopaedic Institute (SCOI-Los Angeles, USA).
- Awarded Scholarship by Pedro Barrié de la Maza Foundation in 1998 to attend a post-doctorate period at Lerner Research Institute (Ohio, USA).
- Board member for the Spanish Knee Society and former Board member for the Spanish Arthroscopy Society.
- MD at Leyes, Flores & Associates for Dr Leyes’ Medical Team.
- Consultant specialist in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at Clínica CEMTRO in Madrid.
- Former member of Medical Team for Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA), Cleveland Bro0wns (NFL) sand Cleveland Indians (NBL).
- Chief of Knee unit at FREMAP Labor Accident Hospital in Madrid from 2006 to 2009. Consultant specialist in Sports Trauma for Atletico de Madrid, Getafe and Real Zaragoza Football Clubs, as well as for Gymnastics, Judo and Karate Spanish Federations during the same period.
- First ever Sanitas Award to the resident student with the best Academic resumé, awarded by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and The National Council for Medical Specializations.
- National Award in Research from the Spanish Orthopaedic Surgery Association.
- National Award from the Spanish Knee Society in two occasions.
- Golden Aerial 2010, awarded by the Federation of Radio and TV Associations as acknowledgement for outstanding professionals in the world of science.
- First ever Spanish surgeon to be elected to represent the European Knee Society as as travelling Fellow Physician around Asia, Australia and New Zeland.